The Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council is a non-partisan entity mandated by the City of Los Angeles. Our purpose is to advise on issues of concern to our neighborhood and on City governance.
We will elect 21 board members and alternates to serve 2-year terms: 15 by geographic region (see map below) and 6 special interest categories (representing Renters, Business, Education, Religion, Other Non-Profit groups, and At-Large). Those who live, work, own property or fit into one of our six special interest categories in the GWNC area, and who are 18 years old by election day, are eligible to run and vote. If you are interested in becoming a candidate, please visit http://empowerla.org/elections or call 818-293-VOTE (8683).
Election Information Dates:
- Candidate Filing Start Date: 12/16/2018
- Candidate Filing End Date: 01/15/2019
- Deadline to Submit Documentation: 4pm 01/30/2019
- Deadline to Withdraw: TBD
- Deadline to Post Final List of Certified Candidates: TBD
- ELECTION DAY – Sunday, March 31st, 2019
- DONE Election Website: Official canvass of votes, qualifications for running and voting, candidate information
- 2016 GWNC Candidate Flyer: Voting guidelines, map, candidate roster (PDF)
- GWNC Voter Qualifications 2016: (PDF)
- GWNC Voter Documentation 2016: (PDF)
- GWNC Map: District map (PDF)
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Election voicemail service at 818-293-VOTE (818-293-8683).