The Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council is a non-partisan entity mandated by the City of Los Angeles. Our purpose is to advise on issues of concern to our neighborhood and on City governance.
We will elect 21 board members and alternates to serve 2-year terms: 15 by geographic region (see map below) and 6 special interest categories (representing Renters, Business, Education, Religion, Other Non-Profit groups, and At-Large). Those who live, work, own property or fit into one of our six special interest categories in the GWNC area, and who are 18 years old by election day, are eligible to run and vote. If you are interested in becoming a candidate, please visit https://clerk.lacity.org/elections/neighborhood-council-elections or call (213) 978-0444.
Election Information Dates:
- Candidate Filing Start Date: 12/16/2018
- Candidate Filing End Date: 01/15/2019
- Deadline to Submit Documentation: 5:00 p.m. 01/18/2019
- ELECTION DAY – Sunday, March 31st, 2019
- LA City Clerk Election Website: Official canvass of votes, qualifications for running and voting, candidate information
- 2019 Candidate List: Official list of candidates who have completed the candidate registration process. The list was certified as final by the LA City Clerk on 01/31/2019.
- Candidate Information Guide: From the LA City Clerk
- GWNC Voter Qualifications 2019 (PDF)
- GWNC Voter Documentation 2019 (PDF)
- Sample Organization Letter for Community Interest Stakeholders (PDF)
- GWNC Map: District map (PDF)
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the City Clerk’s office at (213) 978-0444.