Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council Outstanding Citizen Award
Purpose: An award given to a GWNC stakeholder(s) that honors a wide range of service, dedication or commitment to enhancing and/or improving the Greater Wilshire neighborhood.
Criteria for selection:
- The nominee performed, created or developed an activity and/or public service (volunteer or other) that positively enhanced and/or impacted the Greater Wilshire neighborhood.
- The nominee contributed to the community through an act, achievement or service that directly or indirectly advanced the opportunities and/or benefited others in the Greater Wilshire neighborhood.
- The nominee has demonstrated a clear commitment and/or civic pride by performing an outstanding act or achievement or by rendering distinguished service to the improvement of the Greater Wilshire neighborhood.
- The nominee must be a stakeholder, child/dependent of a stakeholder, college‐enrolled child /dependent of a stakeholder or a student enrolled in a school within the boundaries of the GWNC.
- The nominee can NOT be an active GWNC board member (or alternate) or immediate family of active GWNC board member (or alternate)
- Download the Nomination form: GWNC Citizen Recognition Nominating form
- Return to GWNC:
- firstname.lastname@example.org or,
- GWNC, 419 N. Larchmont Blvd., #331, Los Angeles, CA, 90004
Citizen Recognition Award Recipients
September 2016 – Jess Carter
April, 2016 – Doris Tucker
March, 2016 – Diane Dicksteen
May, 2015 – Darnella Davidson
January, 2015 – Henrietta Cosentino
December, 2014 – Roy Forbes
November, 2014 – June Bilgore
September, 2014 – Lyn Cohen
August, 2014 – Margy Hudson
July, 2014 – Jocelyn Duarte
May, 2014 – Steve Martinez
February, 2014 – Raul Rodriguez
January, 2014 – Fred Pickel
September, 2013 – Jane Gilman
August, 2013 – Marguerite “Chickie” Byrne
July, 2013 – Margaret Sowma
February, 2013 – Elizabeth Fuller
November, 2012 – John Welborne