On March 16, 2021, the Greater Wilshire community will elect 21 board members and 21 alternates for 2-year terms on the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council.
This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
Board Seats: 15 seats are by geographic region (see map below). 6 seats are special interest seats for these categories: Renter, Business, Education, Religion, Other Non-Profit, and At-Large.
Candidate Eligibility: Those who live, work, own property or fit into one of our six special interest categories in the GWNC area, and who are 18 years old by election day, are eligible to run.
Eligibility to Vote: Those who live, work, own property or fit into one of our six special interest categories in the GWNC area, and who are 16 years old by election day, are eligible to vote.
Voting: Voting will be by mail only. Ballots may be requested online or by phone from the office of the City Clerk, who will verify stakeholder status. A ballot dropbox will be available in the area.
For more information on running for a seat or requesting a ballot, please visit https://clerk.lacity.org/elections/neighborhood-council-elections, call (213) 978-0444, or email Clerk.Electionsnc@lacity.org.
- Candidate Filing Start Date: 11/13/2020
- Candidate Filing End Date: 12/28/2020
- ELECTION DAY – Tuesday, March 16th, 2021
- LA City Clerk Election Website: Official canvass of votes, qualifications for running and voting, candidate information
- 2021 Candidate List: Official list of candidates who have completed the candidate registration process.
- Other Candidate Information
- GWNC Map: District map (PDF)
- Download the 12-3-2020 Candidate Forum Slideshow